Friday, June 7, 2019

Generous friends

One of the things that I do in Uganda each year is teach how to sew. A favorite is making purses from beautiful Ugandan fabric. I find it very satisfying, I had lunch with Kathie, a good friend, yesterday. She asked me if I thought that I would get tired of being in Uganda and sharing with the ladies there the skill and fun of sewing. My answer did not take much thought - it came from my heart. No, I don't think that I will ever get tired of teaching and helping others. I am sure that is not what she meant (helping others) but that is what makes me tick. Find what makes you tick, and pursue that passion.
The opportunity to sew would not be possible without the help and generosity of many friends who donated supplies. Thread, scissors, needles, thimbles, tape measures - all things that are now available to use. Thank you for your giving attitude. Thanks for helping me pursue my passion. And thanks for making a difference in the lives in ladies in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog