Sunday, June 16, 2019

Thoughts about packing my sewing room.

Thanks to the hard work of my 2 sons, Jonathan and Jacob, my longarm quilting machine is disassembled and ready to be put into storage. It was satisfying to watch my sons as they carefully labeled dozens of parts so that someday it can be reassembled.

Packing up my sewing room has led me to a great deal of introspection.

The sewing room has been a quiet place where I have grown spiritually by reading the Bible and praying at the start of the day. It has been my place to allow creativity to flow by sewing and quilting. I have enjoyed the physical process of making things but, more importantly, I have experienced joy while thinking of the person who would receive the quilt. So packing my quilting tools has been bittersweet. The empty room will allow us to generate income which will help us in Uganda, and in Uganda I hope to touch lives - even by teaching ladies there to sew. And that thought brings me joy.

After

Before

During



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog