Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Emotions (by Jeff)


Emotions

Yvonne has written about the stress she has been feeling during our packing and all the other details we have had to address before August 14th. I on the other hand have tried to keep an upbeat and positive attitude. I have tried to encourage her that we will get everything done in time. The problem is that I am a procrastinator (have been my whole life). If she had not taken the lead on this move with her “to do list” and daily schedules of what we need to accomplish, I would probably be ready in August 2020. Today I was able to communicate with the Ugandan Embassy in Washington D.C. to discuss my Visa and now have that issue settled. We finished packing up the kitchen and hall closet this morning. And tonight we will pack duffel bags and suitcases with things for our new home in Gulu. Step by step we are making progress and the end is in sight.

Every box we go through brings back memories of our 33 years of marriage (wedding photos, children’s school work, and family photos). What do we keep? What goes into storage so we have it when we return? What do we give away? Every day is filled with tough decisions and emotions. And I am a very emotional person. I cry watching commercials and movies. When people tell me that they will miss me I tear up. Today my good friend and business partner (Marc Stirdivant) passed away after a long battle with cancer. So, it has been a very emotional day. It is a good thing that we have so much to do and I have to stay focused and keep my mind occupied on the task at hand.

1 comment:

Search This Blog