Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Surprise! Friends who are like family Part 2

My precious friends from women's Bible study decided to surprise me with a party to say goodbye. I was very touched. There were many clever decorations made of maps, hearts, arrows, and crosses. There was a globe with a crystal heart on Uganda. And a beautiful cake. (Pictures are included below because a picture is worth a thousand words).

The centerpiece of the party was a circular puzzle of the world with Africa in the center. How they found a map with Africa as the center is beyond me. We sat in a circle,  and each person held a piece of the puzzle and said something about me, then added their piece to the puzzle.  I was in tears. My friends are so kind.

The very center of the puzzle is the piece with Africa. I was given the piece but was not allowed to put in in the puzzle. I am to keep it until I return, and will place it then to make the puzzle complete. More tears.  I've decided to carry the puzzle piece with me take photos of it in various locations.

Now, those of you who know me well (or even a little bit) know that I do not like being the center of attention. So this was way way out of my comfort zone and left me exhausted - but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Such a sweet time of fellowship. Thank you, Table 44.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog