Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Overwhelmed by love in the form of jewelry (no, this is not about Jeff)






This is a picture of the people who cheerfully greet each other first thing in the morning every day, scantily clothed no matter the weather. A nicer, more friendly group one would be hard pressed to find! They are my buddies in water aerobics class. We meet 6 days a week in the outdoor pool in Shamel Park, rain or shine, wind or calm. After a cold winter in a pool with wind and rain, it is no wonder we have formed a special bond. 

When Nina, our teacher, asked what the class could do to help us, I asked if they would be willing to donate any unwanted costume jewelry for use in a project that I have planned. And so began the daily showering of necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. All colors of the rainbow. All styles. My friends brought over 400 pieces of jewelry! There will be many smiles in Uganda because of their generosity. 

I am going to miss the water and the exercise. Most of all, I will miss my friends who are so generous.





P.S. If you are in the Riverside area and are looking for a way to work out and a place to meet some mighty nice people, try Water Aerobics by Nina 

1 comment:

  1. Water aerobics is the best and man oh man I have a bunch of jewelry I could give you. I started giving it to my students the end of the yearđź’–. I am sooooo excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog