Saturday, August 31, 2019

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

I have a love-hate relationship with technology. This evening I’m deep into the hate side of the equation. I guess that wonderfully written post, so thoughtfully crafted, was not meant to be seen. This post might be better, or perhaps worse, but I’m moving on.
Moving on. That’s what we’re trying to do. We knew when we were planning to come to Uganda there would be a time of transition. We hadn’t planned on unwanted visitors in the middle of the night as part of the transition, but many of life’s largest growth times come with the unplanned. So we are interested to see see how God is going to grow us.
A few mornings ago this was the verse on my daily calendar:

That is the image that is filling my mind, replacing the thoughts and images from the unwanted visitors.

The three questions that I am asked:

Question: What address should be used for mailing letters and packages
Answer: None. There is no reliable delivery/ mail service to Gulu. Even Amazon doesn’t deliver here.

Question: How are you managing without your prescription drugs?
Answer: The carryon suitcase stolen was found on the backside part of the property, contents intact.

Question: How can I make a financial contribution to replace items that were stolen.
Answer: A dear friend, Chasity Testa of The Grove Church, has put together a fundraising effort. It is posted on Facebook, but I’ll copy/paste the information here:


Friends! Prior to this post I have NEVER asked anyone to pull out their wallet and donate cash to anyone or any organization. Our dear friends , Jeff Weinstein and Yvonne Weinstein left the comfort of their life in California to live for a year in Gulu, Uganda. They expected to love on, teach and empower the citizens in their village and surrounding villages.

What you will read is that after just a few days there, they were burglarized while they slept. It is still unclear as to how this happened. It appears as though someone they trusted, set them up. I know that I could be writing about two missionaries that were murdered here and I am so grateful this is not the case.

The reality is that everything of value, including a cochlear implant processor($4500), all of their medicine for a year, all of their cash, credit cards and literally everything of value was stolen from them. THE WEINSTEINS ARE STAYING in Uganda. They will take what the enemy intended to harm them and turn into good.

There are two ways you can donate: You can send your donation to me (ANY AMOUNT) and I will combine all together and take to The Grove Community Church and it will be wired directly to them and you will be provided a receipt for tax purposes or you can go to the following link :

http://harvestallianceintl.org/contact/

This will send the money directly to their account (MUST MENTION WEINSTEIN) as well and will also provide a tax deductible donation. Will you help me love on this family that has just suffered immeasurable loss. I cannot imagine the defeat they felt as they begin their life in a foreign land. I am free to answer ANY and all questions that you may have. I RAISE A HALLELUJAH EVEN IN THE MYSTERY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog